One of the reasons why customers unsubscribe or mark an email as spam is when a brand sends too many emails irrelevant to the customer. The other reason being the customer losing her/his interest in the brand. This indicates that customers are looking for customized information i.e., the right message, in the right way, at the right time.
So, if you are sending the wrong message, on the wrong channel, at the wrong time, you are definitely being marked as spam. Spam, simply means, the message is not relevant or adapted to the customer. Gone are the days when customers tolerated bulk emails and poorly targeted messages. The competition is high and the options several for customers. So, each business should have one clear goal: finding the right way to reach the customer. Any digital marketing company will tell you this is why your business needs adaptive marketing. So, what does adaptive digital marketing looks like?
1. Personalized Message - Digital marketing service in the present context is all about personalization. This means the message is adapted to the individual customer. Most of the data that is collected from customers is for this purpose. A digital marketing agency in India that can achieve this - using the customer's first name - is securing its position in the market. But the first names are just the beginning. Businesses should focus on personalizing the message by using every bit of information that they have.
2. Segmenting the Market - Personalization and adaptive marketing is about creating a unique message, something is designed to solve or address an individual's needs. On the contrary, segmentation allows sending the same message to a group. Segmentation is usually achieved by understanding the demography, its persona, the geographical region, lead scoring, past purchase history, the length of relationship with the business, and occupation. By understanding a customer's behavior in the past, the future behavioral change can be predicted. Businesses that can achieve this are ready when the customer enters a new segment with new products and services.
3. Anticipating Flexible Customer Journeys - One of the disadvantages of old-school marketing is that it readily defines a customer's journey. In doing so, it generalizes, making the business forget that each customer is different, is unique. When businesses generalize, the digital marketing automation fails, creating a situation where some customers go back happy while others find only irrelevance. Therefore, businesses need to map their customer journeys in a detailed manner that will allow them to keep adapting their marketing strategy. Marketing, after all, should be accommodating all actions of a customer.
4. Customer-First Marketing - In the traditional sense, adaptive marketing is always about "customer-first" marketing. It is a natural extension of customer's needs, behaviors, profiles, and other contributing elements. Digital marketing services often advise businesses to take into account the "customer-first" mindset for their own good.
5. Data-driven and Human Insights - When it comes to adaptive marketing, businesses need a lot of data. Each and every customer is important and their preferences, behaviors, background information, and other crucial information are relevant and needed. Not only does this take a huge tracking capacity, but it is also even more complex to capitalize on this precious information. Adaptive marketing leverages machine learning and delivers sensible data to the digital marketer. After all, it takes a human being to understand another human being. Data interpretation is at the center of adaptive digital marketing in the business world.
Making use of adaptive marketing is essential to traverse the challenges that huge amounts of data present. Without customized marketing, the data is redundant and will not contribute to brand popularity and growth.
WISMAD is a digital marketing company, with a growing team of storytellers, designers, and webmasters that help businesses realize their vision.